Monday, November 22, 2010

Critters in Logandale

There are many critters out here and I'm not getting used to them. Here are some of the ones we've encountered around our house:


This was a beetle crawling on the porch. He was found a few days later dead so we didn't have to dispose of this one...he died on his own.


I found this beauty outside in our garage...luckily it wasn't inside the house!! I wouldn't have gone back in the house! I'm still not sure what kind of spider that was but I'm glad it is no more!!!!


Just another angle of the same spider...it looks bigger in this shot!


This guy was found by Justin on Ginny's bedroom floor!! She almost stepped on it and Justin happened to see it and tell her not to step there. At first I thought it was dead but then when I tried to scoop him up he moved...not very fast so I knew he was almost dead but he still moved, which freaked me out! Jeff wasn't home either so we were all sitting up high on my bed until he got home!


I finally got him into a plastic cup where he lived in my freezer for a couple of months (I wanted to make sure he was dead before we discarded his body). I finally threw him away a few weeks ago.


4 comments:

Melina said...

I can't figure out why my videos load weird...what am I doing wrong?

JacqueTruman said...

Eeu! I hate spiders and scorpions are even worse. I'm so glad Ginny didn't step on it even tho it was almost dead it still could have stung her. Sorry I can't help you with your videoing I'm completely clueless in that area. Good pictures tho i realy think the spider was a black widow they always have the huge round bottom looking thing on them. But you do have to see the under side to tell that and I'm like you I would not touch that with a ten foot pole. Good luck with your critters UG! Love, MOM

. said...

ew ew ew ew ew ew! i am not a critter person.

Channi said...

Gross, Gross....Move to Utah, NO bugs like that and LOTS of snow :-)