Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cohort 11



I have started school and I am loving it. This is my classes bulletin that we get to look at for the next 12 months or so. In the cohort program we complete a 16-week course in one week. That's right...we do the same amount of work that regular 16-week classes do but we complete it all in one week!!!!! I am at UNLV from 8am until 5pm Monday through Friday for the next year. The positive side of that is I will have my bachelor's degree in one year!! Seeing how we can finish a 16-week class in one week, I find it hard to believe that professors can stretch the material out into 16 weeks. Why not allow all students the opportunity to fininsh a class like this one and get their degree in a years time?

The first week was rough...only 3 to 4 hours of sleep each night with the exception of Thursday night, which I only got 2 hours of sleep. The work is intense and the "no sleep" this is rough but I've gotten through four weeks so far and I've survived so I think I'll be fine for the duration of the program. (To be honest, the sleep thing has gotten surprisingly better...plus I have the whole weekend to recover!) Keep in mind, I am getting paid to go to school full time so there is no slacking off here either...either I do the work and pass or I look for a new job in the school district. After school I will have my special education degree and be able to work as a full time special education teacher! I am so excited to finish FINALLY!!!!! I am extremely nervous to finish as well, that means I will be out in the world teaching my own students.

No comments: